Saturday, April 27, 2024

And back to my calamities.

 First, the weather is predictable now. 'May Grey' is early, marine layer moves in overnight and sticks around until after noon, breaks up a little for partly cloudy during the day, then wind comes up and the clouds come back in overnight. So nice mild weather with a bit of afternoon wind. 











The view north and west from our complex, the one on the right is from the garden. 

Jon has his meds on track again to keep him breathing easier. I need to make an appointment with my doctor and hope everything is covered. 

It's close to the end of the month, we're down to pennies in all our accounts, almost enough food to make it the next three days but we'll be down to having potatoes with gravy and rice with mixed veggies by Tuesday. Food money comes on Wednesday and our main money comes on Tuesday, I just know I'm hungry most of the time, we've been out of sodas for a week and I really want a big sandwich.











And then this happened day before yesterday. I never got around to buying a case and screen cover, so I fumbled putting it in my pocket in the garden and it landed face down on rocky soil. It still functions and with some clear packing tape it'll hold together until I get money to go through insurance Again for $40 for a replacement.  I cannot afford the minimum $140 or so for a spanking new phone, even a cheap one would need the case and screen cover. No, I do not have the money for extra charges on my bill for a payment plan on a phone. I could never afford an iphone so Samsung or whatever is the best I can do.

Next month is also when I have to pay SDGE which I'm not sure how much it will be on top of the $32. They have been taking care of my electric this month thankfully, and probably due to whatever program I signed up for so here's hoping it's not too bad next month.

And then the cable accessibility program through the government is ending next month as well. So thankfully Cox will still have the discount for next month but they want me to call and find out another way of paying less which may mean slower internet but will have to see.

But then I do have flowers in the garden and veggies to eat.

Sweet peas were mom's favorite flower and before I even mentioned that to Amber she said they were her favorite too. Peas to eat are not a big hit in my garden but these are a do again for sure.

 










Cauliflower, cilantro and chives (the potted plants are not mine). 











Rocky looking for lizards and green onion harvest. The ones in that bed behind Rocky are almost ready to pull. 

Anyway, garden topic is for my other blog. That's my update for now, will update again when my new phone comes in.


No comments: