So first, the weather is continuing to be very pleasant, brezy and warm but not hot so for another hour or so at least we can keep everything open and air flowing. Despite that I haven't been sleeping well and can't figure out the cause.
Here is a picture of Rocky, sitting as close to 'daddy' as possible. Jon is not just allergic he doesn't like clingy animals or people for that matter. So typical cat behaviors of sitting on his lap and making biscuits, not happening.
So. Surgery slots are apparently first come first served and Camberos decided he wanted first opening slot. 7:30 am. Which means 5:30 check in, which means 3:30 wake up for me. Because it's so early I let Amber know and we mutually non-verbally agreed that shuttling was not going to be her job that day. She did offer to pay for a Lyft ride though and then Jon and I agreed that as much as I'd like to have him there, it would pretty much be useless. He would have no way of getting home other than Lyft and so he'll stay home, say goodbye when I leave and he can go back to bed. As soon as I'm conscious enough will call him, probably around lunch. Two and a half hour surgery typically so yeah by the time I'm in a room it'll be lunch time.
The plan for reconstruction is the right side will basically be the same as it is now but softer, the left side will be reduced a bit with taking out the implant and possibly putting in another. Third time he's talked about it and third time it's been different. If he did add tissue to the right side it would be coming off my hips/butt area. I don't need more wounds to heal at this point so just getting them a bit more equal is all I'm looking for. Good news is, I don't have to sleep sitting up for a week like last time, nurse said only three days and that includes the day of surgery and then I can sleep on my back only. That's a big relief for sure. But then I won't be able to take a full body shower for a week.
Anyway. I really wanted to sleep in another hour this morning but Jon sprang out of bed hours earlier than necessary because we had to leave around 11 for my final appointment with breast surgeon. And making a trip to storage on the way home, which I didn't communicate effectively over the previous few days. But then since getting our shots on Monday, neither of us have been feeling on top of things and so there you have the breakdown of communication.
I told him last week that I had an appointment in that direction and wanted to swing by storage and pull some Christmas stuff out and get other stuff put in. Well, me not wanting to pressure him didn't say anything until yesterday which he also forgot. I started collecting stuff from the corner and being exhausted was sighing and he took my noise and sighing as signs of being angry with him. Apparently I should have been 'nagging'/reminding him every day instead of thinking he would remember. So me not being in a good mood and him not being in a good mood made for very strained movements and communication.
After and before. Hard to tell because of the fan but he moved a lot of the boxes of his yearly records and stuff under the bed. We took the two dining chairs and the stool out and the big bag of yarn and a few other things to goodwill. It did make a difference. So much more that could be done but we are out of time until mid October again. At least I got some Christmas stuff out, the garland and some ornaments. When I opened the storage door the hope of finding my box of knitting books was immediately tossed. That will have to be another day unfortunately and because Jon was in a subdued mood I wasn't going to do much other than get the boxes I needed and pull a few things for goodwill. Which turned out to be the tiny charcoal bbq and a cat bed Rocky used when we were in hotels. That was it. So not much of an exchange really and hoping to work on communicating to Jon my intentions a bit better. So much of what is in my storage is large boxes of things that are Jon's. I wanted to ask if he could part with the folding table saw but it wasn't the right time. Going to have to make the time to be the right time but again, with the way things are going I don't know when that will happen.
I still haven't called SDGE because I mostly figured out the bill on my own. The total due was for what I owed in regular use and the past due. I was able to pay the past due and now the remainder isn't due until October 3. Go figure. Projected bill for next month is going to be even more heinous than this one unfortunately. And I still have a lot of questions for how the bill is set up. As long as I can pay on time or before I think it'll be okay. I tried to use their AI chat bot to ask but it kept defaulting to 'how can I help you' so I gave up.
Now have to get my list of hospital stuff to take with me, arrange to wash the bedding the day before, dang left my instruction folder in the car, will get that later. Need my meds for sure, phone charged, not bringing laptop, one sock knitting project. Will be hooked up to an IV until discharge most likely, SOP for post op. Regular hourly or every four hour vitals checks, won't likely get much done but I refuse to watch hospital tv. If I'm a good girl and have no issues will discharge me sometime on Saturday, hope I get to have that lobster I missed out on last time.
Oh and just a CMA (cover my ass) I mailed off the two multipage forms that Medical was requesting that apparently they didn't accept electronically. Will see what happens because that due date I thought was the 20th but the two forms I found were for the 18th. Hope I haven't screwed up. The only way of contact on this page is to send a 'request to ask for appointment with case worker'. Right. If they needed a specific question clarified then they should have sent me a direct message saying so instead of asking for my bank records for the past 30 days and the specific asset form filled out.
Anyway. Will go do some knitting, got the Lyft app installed on my phone so I don't have to worry about that the day before. Dang that other form for payment exemption... off to the pile of papers.



No comments:
Post a Comment