Monday, December 18, 2017

ADOS: Attention Deficit..Ohh Shiny!

Been distracted a lot lately with various things. Been to Disneyland, been making stuff and sold a few things and then a movie happened.
I saw The Last Jedi and it was everything I expected and some I didn't expect.
I have never cried that much through a movie in my entire life. For all the right reasons. I guess I was in an emotional state because little things caught me off guard, funny things, reminders of other characters, and then there was Leia.
((pausing to choke up a bit))
Yeah..it was like that.
So my brains been a bit scrambled processing all the images and emotions through that entire 2 1/2 hour movie.
Amber, her boyfriend Wellman (first name is actually Joseph but because they have another friend that is also a Joseph he goes by his last name, like ya do) and a friend of theirs also came, I paid for their tickets on Fandango and they paid me back when we met up.
About Fandango, here's my adventure in online ticket ordering.
When I finally had money I just automatically when to that site and looked up tickets. Had to double check with Amber what would be a good time for her crew and it turned out it had to be Friday morning no later than 9. Fine, perfect I have the whole day.
So, looking at times I find the first listing for 9 am, hesitate, double check, triple check and then ordered them. Printed out the hard copy and let Amber know.
$66. For 4 people to see the movie. If it weren't for the guys paying me back it would hurt a bit more, but this movie was worth every penny.
Okay so that Thursday I look again after Amber and I had a discussion about neither of us liked 3D for different reasons and sure enough, I had ordered 3D Imax tickets! CRAP!
Messaged Amber and told her I was looking into refund/exchange rules and Fandango is really good about that. Can do it up to the time of the showing. GREAT! I didn't want a financial blunder that would delay the tickets and was checking other times. Standard showing was only a half hour later. SWEET!  I kept seeing how refunds are easy if you're a Fandango VIP member. Pause. Did I sign up for that last time? Hmmph, okay go to that page and just on a chance I hit the log in button and entered my standard email and password... Bingo! I HAD registered 2 years ago for the last movie!
So, enter in the info and then had to decide whether to get a refund back on my card or an exchange. The tickets were now going to be HALF the cost of the original set but I decided to get an exchange so the balance would still be on my VIP rewards and they never expire.
Badabing, badaboom, clickity click... DONE! BONUS! Because I used my VIP account I got a 'free' Last Jedi poster! (shipping and handling $6.95). Fantastic!
After the movie I went to a bead and gem show that comes to San Diego about three times a year. Got to meet up with a friend and former coworker there and realized as she was relating the typical gossip and travails of working there that as she talked my shoulders started to tighten, my chest kind of caved in...
I hadn't realized how much that job had burdened me over the years until she started reminding me of all the emotional baggage and stress that happens there.
I am feeling so much better now and despite being extremely tight on money feel a weight has been lifted. Didn't used to be like that when I first started working there. It happens, time wears people down and we move on.
So, I've been riding an emotional rollercoaster, but that is also due to another thing I had to take care of.
My medical coverage.
Now that I am without my full time job, I don't have medical anymore. I have two prescriptions, one is my 'aftercare/preventative' HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and a 500mg naproxen for my arthritis pain.
Both came up for refills and I asked how much they were, HRT is $120 without insurance, the naproxen is only $22. Comparitively, HRT was only $8 something and the naproxen was $2 something on insurance.
Balancing between actual quality of life and a precautionary pill that technically I could have stopped two years ago, I told them to hold the HRT indefinitely.
I now have coverage but that doesn't start until January, I have enough to get me through until next month which is also my return appointment for the osteo doctor.
Going back to the emotional thing. PMS is both ends of the female life cycle, Pre menstrual and Post menopausal. Mood swings, emotional upsets, hot flashes, you know the drill. A side effect of the HRT was pain in my joints among other things. Well guess what doesn't hurt as much anymore? I'm supposed to take the naproxen twice a day, morning and night with food. I've forgotten it a few times at night but haven't noticed any difference there. Now it also reduces the swelling in my fingers so I'm not about to give it up just based on not being in as much pain anymore.
And that's the way it is.
As for the kids, (I think I mentioned in a previous post that Devon is in Alaska now?) anyway, he found a great job working for an electrical/lighting supply place getting $16/hour and after his probation period gets great medical and dental. I'm so happy for him, he's loving the 'wild woods' life up there and now that he has a job the financial burden that hadn't been there before has been lifted.
Amber is doing good, bright highlighter pink hair and all. She's still going to New Mexico to surprise her kids for Christmas which is absolutely incredible. So happy that she gets to do that and I only wish I could go with her.
As to that, I still don't have a full time job. Options are limited due to not having a car. (Amber has a car and if I went with her would have to put up with her smoking so, love her to pieces but I'll have to stay home. Can't afford and don't want to drive that far again.)
Kiri from what I have seen is stable and doing great with her kids on her own now again.

So.. I think that's about it this time. I've sold two things on Etsy since I restarted. Oh! About that, when I was at Disneyland, I wore my lightsaber earrings that I made and not one but TWO cast members (both women of course) noticed them. I hadn't made cards yet unfortunately but told them my shop name and hoped they could remember it and see the rest of the colors. One of them asked if I had red ones and I replied, 'Of course!'.  No pings on that yet and then riding the bus to the Beverly's Christmas dinner a girl sat behind me and tapped me on the shoulder motioning to my ear. I was wearing some beaded wreath earrings I had just made and she loved them. I told her I made them, and luckily this time had a card I could give her. She saw my name and gushed, 'That's my AUnt's name!' she kind of got teary eyed a bit so her AUnt must have a big impact on her. (yes I stressed the first two letters because of how she pronounced it.)
So here's hoping better and brighter things coming next year.



No comments: