Friday, May 4, 2018

I miss Katie.

I guess the upside is that Trista is quiet, stays in her room most of the time and.... still has a good paying job?
We went shopping at Target and in the past it was a fun experience with Katie. Making jokes about various items, people or other things. Trista doesn't like crowds and having to navigate around people frustrates her. So no shopping trips with her in the future unless it's necessary groceries. 
It's been about a month and so far, I guess I could be thankful.
She makes way more money than I do but apparently has 'a lot of debts' so technically it sounds like she's in the same income level as me. 
Sigh...

On some actual good news though, Amber got a call from Ava and rather hesitantly asked if it would be okay if she could come out and live with her here in San Diego.
Amber's answer was of course 'Duh! yah!;. But she then launched into a discussion of her reasons, how things were going, all the who's, why's and whatevers that prompted Ava to ask. 
Ava has admitted to all involved parties that she has realized that she is bi, of course we are all very supportive and that makes no whit of a difference for us. It does make a difference to the small town people that she is surrounded by in New Mexico.
She has friends of course, but some of the adults a a little less friendly now, not to mention she will be starting high school so it's a perfect time to change locations as well.
Amber asked if Ava had talked to Dan and Lisabet (dad and stepmom) and she said no. It basically came down to Ava asking, then Dan, Lisabet and Amber having a conference call about it, Amber had already figured out how to budget for medical coverage, what school, and all the sundry details needed. She was prepared to have the best possible situation ready for Ava.
Currently Amber and her boyfriend Wellman share a two bedroom with another roommate, who after their difficulty of trying to find a new place of their own offered to move out so they could have that place to themselves. Totally unprompted. 
By about mid-June, there will be a spare bedroom for Ava to move into. We still have some spare furniture in storage, dresser, bed, a desk and a bookshelf.  Amber will be driving out to pick up the kids for the summer beginning of June and then Ava will be coming back with Amber when they go back to drop the boys back in New Mexico.
Long story but not many people would appreciate how excited and happy this makes me.

Devon as far as I know is still alive and loving Alaska.
Kiri is working two jobs to support her three boys and a place to live in Virginia. Actually got a facetime call from her the other day! Total shock and suprise, she was just getting off work at one of her jobs cleaning offices so we were messaging about something. She said something that also took me by surprise that all of her boys want to talk to (see?) Grandma Pat! I only have met the oldest Michale, the other two only know me from references I suspect. Makes me happy really, I hope sometime soon I'll be able to see them one way or another.

As for me, I am surviving. Getting into the swing of work, it's satisfying that when I show up there's at least a few people that are truly happy to see me. I managed to badger two people and got three of the necessary hoses fixed. Slowly incorporating my higher standards to a lower standard situation.
I also got on the scale the other day and sadly...I just hit 200. This is so not good, it's scary. I noticed my pants weren't fitting as well and my feet were getting really sore by the end of a four hour shift. That's the reason.
So, looked up some simple exercises that don't take a lot of effort or any special equipment and discovered a beautiful local canyon park with walking trails.
I am scheduled off at least two or three days a week over the next three weeks so will have time to go do some walking and maybe some jogging.
Cutting back on the Coke and haven't had much in the way of candy at all. 
Tempted to look into one of the local community gardens and see how much it costs to rent a plot. Gardening is a great workout right? Now that I have a car I can transport things and stuff.

Well that's the update for now. All the news that's fit to tell. More updates as they happen....

No comments: