Friday, November 3, 2023

And just like that....

 Jon figured out why he hadn't gotten any update and as he says, 'I was in my own way' and 'not listening effectively'. He did a 'live chat' with someone on the Medicare page and they talked him through finding the form he needed to fill out and submit. Two hours later he got confirmation he has all parts of Medicare covered and we will be moving ahead on getting him the same coverage I have for the 'Part C'.

Oh also I realized something I left out of my calculations... the actual monthly mortgage payment. Kind of important that is. In one scenario ( the really dreaming part) is we would have enough money to just do a complete purchase of the home with no mortgage. The other is calculating how much the actual payments would be and based on our incomes who would pay what. If the lot lease and the mortgage payment is more than what we are paying for rent, it really isn't a savings except.... we wouldn't be paying out storage fees. Depending on the mobile home park, some places pay for water/sewer and trash included in the lot lease. That's a bonus right there, most places don't and even with the one park I looked at that paid those, the lease was still maybe $600-$700. So there's a savings there. 

I actually have the Roseburg city webpage saved and was looking at what utilites and water and all that cost on average. So yeah, it might not be a total budget saver and work out to the same kind of situation we're in currently if we have a mortgage payment.

Anyway, had to post an update about all that. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Pretty zinnias from my garden. The flowers are no bigger than a dollar coin but they are still pumping out flowers that the butterflies are still visiting.

I got another letter from SDGE about still owing over $1600 so I tossed them $90 which was more than I had in the budget for. I had to pay for Costco membership so we could get gas, water and a few other things that were needed. I think my 'make up' payment for car insurance is either this month or next month. If we could just get a break financially.... 

Will see what our brains can come up with in the next few days. Now that Jon's medicare issue is solved he's in a better mood and will likely feel more open to maybe possibly, kind of sort of, consider the idea of selling some stuff.

It's a tough topic to bring up. Hard decisions are hard for a reason.

No comments: