Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Some weather, some cooking and still no good news

 Weather is definitely fall like, finally. Cold at night (low 40's) and mild during the day (low 70's) so great for sunny walks and all that.


 As for cooking, I'm perfecting chicken and hamburger dishes.

Pan fried (almost burnt) chicken and box potatoes with scratch made pan gravy, it was deeelicious. I had some hamburger thawed yesterday and was going to do something southwest flavored then realized I had made chili the other day and changed plans. I swapped out the southwest spices (chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne) for Italian (Italian herbs, oregano, salt, pepper and pepper flakes). I was feeling rather accomplished knowing what to swap out for what flavor profile. I actually love cooking as long as I have everything I need.

Medicare Advantage plans are confirmed for both of us, Jon's pay date for SS has been changed to the 2nd of the month which I was expecting since and mine changed to the 3rd. That is going to help with other payments and the rent. Doesn't help with the SDGE fiasco.

I am going to be talking to the apt. manager tomorrow (hopefully) and let her know the situation and if we can use the fridge in the rec room to store the little meat we have in the freezer. The other thing will let her know that if possible to pay half of the rent for this month and try to catch up starting next year since we get a bit of a boost in our payments. I need to stall SDGE for another month at least and try to get a few dollars here and there to pay in dribbles.

I have only had the power cut off due to late payments once in my entire life. We were only out for two days but it was horrid and I still had the kids at the time. I'm looking through everything I have to see if I can sell jewelry or something else. Thing is I don't have that much that's worth anything. Then there's the hassle of actually selling it and mailing it off. My earrings and jewelry I would have to sell at a grossly inflated price to cover shipping and then there's how to get paid because my Etsy shop was set up through paypal which is fine since I have a 'business' visa card for it. 

So in three days  I'll be in the dark most likely. Only communication with anyone will be through my phone to an extent since we would have to find somewhere to charge our laptops and the phones during the day. There's no where convenient really to sit and if we drive somewhere that uses up gas.











I somehow acquired this infant ring ages ago. I know it's not from my family otherwise I would have seen it years ago. From pictures on the internet it is likely gold and Persian Turquoise and definitely an antique dating to the late 1800's to early 1900's. I have no emotional attachment to it and it being an infant ring, can't even use it.











It has an inscription on the inside but hard to make out. Something stating with a D, possibly 'Dearest something. I don't have the right tools to get a good look at it. The jeweler that is on the box was in Illinois in those three locations. Judging from the wear on the engraving I'd say this ring got some actual wear on it.


I'll be taking it to a local jeweler hopefully to get an appraisal on it. I almost put it up on ebay but then I don't know the metal content and if it's an antique then the appraisal should be higher. I polished it as best I could with the cloth I have. Has to be worth at least $100 maybe more. 

So that's all I've got right now. Updates as soon as I get them and can get on to post. Otherwise look for my posts on facebook. That is all for now.



No comments: