Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Phone Good news bad news again.

 Yay my phone arrived!

No email, nothing but Jon happened to hear a noise at the door and saw the package had arrived. YAY!

Okay then... get everything... and they send a cord to port over all my data and info to new phone. Useless. No instruction/information book either.

No packing slip, just the label on the outside of the box. The box inside the box that the phone came in had instructions on how to mail back my old phone...which as per instructions in all the emails, to use the enclosed envelope and fill out the survey card (not in there either) and return it that way.

So, installed my sim card from the old phone.... go to Cricket and.....I need the order number that I would have gotten on the packing slip or order confirmation email.

Zero, nada, zip, zilch.

I'm stuck. Have to wait until tomorrow and hope an email comes then or else we head off to the cricket store.

Oh yeah and no charger cord. Just the phone and the transfer cord. Luckily it was at 83% so .... then I plug it in (USB C) and I get a pop up on the screen that says 'slow charging for faster charging use a supported charger'. 

This has just turned out to be a 3 ring circus. 

So if I don't get an email tomorrow then we head to a cricket store and try to get them to activate it or find the code or whatever is needed.

Oh yeah and can't sync with google because of 2 step verification...which needs my phone number. 

Boy when I get activated again I'm going to have a ton of messages. Jon keeps laughing about it and usually yes, that would be my reaction but he also laughs at the political circus going on.


It's a pretty phone, about the same age as my other one. Samsung Galaxy A03s first launged in 2021. It's got better resolution and a triple camera and it came in blue! Unfortunately my old case won't work due to the camera position and a slightly different dimension. I expected that, but that won't happen until next month.

I don't keep up with OS updates  on my phone but apparently the current one is Android 14 and from what I read this only goes to 12. Not sure. Will find out when it finally gets unlocked and activated.

It started up out of the box with an accessibility voice prompt and had to figure out how to shut that off.

So, likely another update tomorrow. Oh joy.

 


No comments: