Wednesday, March 20, 2024

So much for crisis being averted

 As of an hour or so ago power went out. Better not be because they think I didn't pay because I did.
Update: This was an error on their part. Power is being restored remotely with the hour but I have to make a payment arrangement to take care of the $749 remaining balance. Amazing. Power just came on. Still on hold.
It's almost like there's 5 different people in three departments that have completely different numbers. Supervisor and someone else can't remember the title are working on their end to get a payment system set up using the $600 neighbor to neighbor amount I already applied for a while ago. 'Jasmine' will call me back hopefully before 5 but if I don't hear from her I have to call tomorrow morning and ask for her specifically to make the payment arrangement plan.
2 observations: 1, when she said the power was being restored to make sure all appliances and electronics were turned off.
HUH? So.... unplug my fridge, computer, tv, all of that crap and then... wait for the lights to come back on (I understand why that was a precaution but still thought it was funny)
2, with the automated system and finally getting hold of someone on the other end, do I just hold off whoever answers the phone and ask for Jasmine? Then likely be put on hold as she may be on another call that took as long as the one I just had with her... sigh.
Power is on, we're going out for sandwiches, then coming home and watching Bad Batch.

They have a collections company apparently that had one record, she had a different record, supervisor had another and then someone else.... good lord! She had to be on hold with someone in her office in order to find my records and get updated information.

What a cluster....

So yeah, we're treating ourselves to a sandwich because I still have enough money in paypal.

Oh yeah, when the power went out Jon was in the shower so it took me a moment to realize what happened then grabbed a flashlight so he could finish up. He said I am his hero coming to his rescue.
 

Edit: Jasmine did call back around 4 pm and set up the 'managed' payment system. An extra $32 will be added on to my bills starting in May, April has been taken care of already so now just have to plan that extra money. I did apply for the CARE program for a reduced bill and hope that goes through that will give me a 30% discount. Any little bit helps for sure.

It's been a rough day. Going to get a snack and then do some knitting and games.

No comments: