Sunday, March 17, 2024

Crisis averted once again

 It's St. Patrick's Day, yippee... not going to go into all the meanings and history of it. As I get older and no longer have kids being more aware of the holidays in school holidays are less meaningful.

Thanks to my son whom I love and am thankful for that he learned all the right lessons (and has gainful employment). I dislike asking for help all the time because it's never ending and don't want to be a pest. I ask for help when I feel I really need it and even then I feel guilty because I can never pay back all the people that have helped me. I can knit a hat or scarf or balaclava (hat/face mask thing) I can do socks but can never return the favor of borrowed money.

So my heartfelt thanks and eternal gratitude will have to do. I know that giving is from the heart and no return is necessary but I feel that's somehow not enough.











At least it was a pretty day today. We had some clouds drift by but nothing too heavy and we're actually expecting Santa Ana conditions. It's been breezy and blustery so that's a sure sign of the weather changing.

I made some delicious cilantro lime chicken and rice, two separate recipes and forgot to take pictures. Pinterest is my latest recipe search area because a cookbook with recipes and a recipe box is not sufficient anymore). Some recipes are incredibly annoying (no instructions just ingredients and what to do or unavoidable accounts of how they came up with the recipe and where they got it from yadayada) and okay, others are knock it out of the park delicious. The cilantro lime rice was good, although a bit bland but the chicken made up for it in flavor and I did a bed of rice in a bowl with the chicken thigh on top. The chicken is a do again for sure the rice only had salt, lime, cilantro and black beans. I don't think I put enough lime in maybe. The two limes I had were rather dry so thankfully had one of those small lime shaped juice bottles and between the two recipes I used it up completely. I need a bigger bottle of lime juice for sure. Easter is at the end of the month so I'm hoping that the store has some deals on meat and canned goods. I know with this being St. Patrick's Day there was corned beef but I'm not a fan. Give me a pastrami sandwich on rye bread. Never really liked corned beef and cabbage really.

Hoping there will be roast beef or ham on sale this coming week but I won't have any food money until the first of next month so doesn't matter. Now, here's hoping that during April and toward the end of that month they'll have some deals on Rotel and some other meats for Cinco de Mayo. That's a sale I can get behind.

Other than that, we're mostly doing okay with paying bills and have enough to eat. Going to be making doctors appointments this week and double checking that Geico got my form for keeping my rate low due to not driving a lot. I hate having to actually talk to someone because it entails several cycles of menus and being on hold.  

So just hanging around, sitting at the computer for hours, doing gardening, cooking and knitting. Jon's doing okay, much much better actually being back on his meds. I'm not so worried about his breathing, hardly wheezing at all when he's sleeping. Even his snoring is not as loud.

Just had to update on the situation and will come back when something else happens.




No comments: