Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Not as much anxiety

 


I thought Jon understood what is entailed with me taking a Lyft to get to the hospital by 5:30. Apparently I overestimated his thought process again. I mentioned how I was feeling kind of anxious about having to stand out on the curb and wait for my ride at 4 am and it took him two hours and a nap to come in and say, 'what did you say about waiting for your ride?' I told him I have to check in at the hospital at 5:30 so the ride would be here around 4:30 or so in the morning (it's not that far, the ride is only about 20 minutes so quick estimate was me getting there around 5 just to be sure). So I said I'd double check with Amber to see if she could do it and that came back negative (as I expected and not holding it against her). So he said he'd get up and go to the hospital with me. 

Ooof. 

Poor guy is going to try and nap on the waiting room couch or chair for three hours. He's going to need something to eat and coffee from the cafeteria. We'll have money by then so not much a problem but still, he'll be ready to go home by lunch time. Rocky is going to get fed really off schedule poor kitty, he's going to think we've abandoned him. Just normal me worrying about everyone else because I've got my stuff handled.

Still going through list in my head of what to bring, what not to bring and all that. Oh good news though, I was waiting for the 'official' notice of Medical renewal, hoping that all my info was good and finally got the letter saying I had been renewed. YAY!

My  hand is feeling better since I got a more rigid wrist and thumb brace at the pharmacy. Wearing that at night is helping a lot. The soreness is still there and have to be careful not to bend my hand down too far or it 'pulls' painfully.  Not the only position that's painful and the tylenol is helping but would likely be better if I could take a NSAID. DOH! Totally forgot to message surgeon office about the two prescriptions they were supposed to send to the pharmacy! Dangit, will have to do that in the morning. At least I'll be on some good pain drugs in the hospital so that will be the least of my worries for a few days.

Trying not to knit too much but that's my go to for keeping my brain and hands busy in anxiety.  

The other night I wasn't feeling good, my hand was hurting internals were not working well and then Rocky was out in the front room and annoyed Jon who threw a half full water bottle at him. Welll that startled me and  I got pissed so I went and threw the bottle back out in the living room but it hit the ceiling  making it even louder. I stormed back into the bedroom and slammed the door shut. 

Jon came in and apologized, I told him it startled me is all but I was really upset. He was being all quiet and sorry and I vaguely realized that was one of his early childhood triggers getting stuff thrown around by his bully of a dad. 

I didn't understand why I was so upset until much later.  My hand was hurting to the degree that reminded me of getting my other broken wrist set at the hospital. They had to pull on my thumb which was extremely painful but in a dull but persistent way and I was crying at the time. Same thing this time. I was overdue for Tylenol this time and I got that in me and didn't do much else until Jon came in to change for bed. He apologized and said he'd never in a million years would want to scare or hurt me and I said the same thing and we hugged hard.  It was not a good night but was better in the morning when I explained why I was so upset other than being startled.

We truly love and respect each other but we are human and our emotions sometimes get in the way. We're both anxiously waiting for money to hit the bank, I have so much to get done on Thursday it's ridiculous. Groceries, pharmacy, washing bedding and a nightshirt, possibly shopping for a new nightshirt that's a bit more comfy and button up, a meal out for the day and get enough groceries for quick meals for a week as well as restocking.  Wooof, a lot to be done in one day.

Will see how that goes and report back. 

 

No comments: