Saturday, October 10, 2026

It's actually raining!

 Woke up to cloudy skies (as I figured would happen) and the definite smell of rain in the air. We got out the door to do some quick groceries and by the time we finished it started to pitter patter on the car as we left the store parking lot. That was around 11:30 or so and the temperatures are in the 70's. Feels like late spring in Seattle last time we were there.

We forgot it was Saturday and the store was more crowded than patience tolerated but we made it out without being too rude to people. Typical annoying types; older lady with rolling cart and small wire haired dog that clearly was not an assistance dog, a trio of one male and two females in middle eastern/Pakistani robes (absolutely no prejudice here but it is rather cliche) who seemed to think this as a grand market including the parking lot and walked in the middle of everywhere. Harried moms with three kids (been there done that), totally unaware other ethnic types who stand right where you need to get something (the green onions finally!) I said excuse me and he stepped back but shimmied his cart up against the display.....I had to repeat, excuse me then 'you're standing right in front of what I need' and I just leaned forward and grabbed two bunches over his cart.

  It really came down with big drops by the time we got home and hustled inside. Such a great feeling and then one rolling thunder going up the stairs so it was really awesome. Jon kept saying 'take your time' and meantime I wanted to dance in the rain.

I don't have a good picture of the rain out my window but it stopped for about an hour and now has started up again. I can smell the wild grass and bushes on the distant hills and reminds me of so many rainy days when I was growing up and then camping later on as an adult. It's one of my comfort smells if you want to put it that way. Hardly any breeze now just the rain dripping down the tree and eaves. Happy sigh. The only thing that would really complete this is a nice deep covered porch to sit and knit and watch the rain come down.

Didn't sleep as well as I wanted but doing okay now and don't feel the need for a nap but it's 'early'. But my stomach skin on either side is ITCHING!!!! That's to be expected when your skin is no longer stretched. I wasn't balloon tight fat before but the skin has been stretched for years and now it's relaxing a bit. Not to mention the nerves that were damaged in the 'fat grafting' are starting to regenerate so just.... uncomfortable and not sure if I can use lotion on the areas. Won't do any good to message doctor because I won't get a message back until next week and my next appointment is Tuesday. Wednesday is my follow up with GI doctor 'post op' so to speak, get to tell him that my system has leveled out finally but that could be from meds and surgery. Annoying thing about this 'support girdle' is it keeps folding up at the bottom when I'm sitting down mostly on the sides and back of course. Same with the sides on my bra as well, just minor annoying that almost constant and compared to the alternative, I'll put up with it.
As for further Birthday Gastro-shenanigans, will decide whether to go to Habit or Rubio's on Thursday when we're in the neighborhood of both establishments for Jon's appointment. Will see how long the food celebration will go but still have get that chocolate cake in somewhere.

Going to go work on some knitting and enjoy the damp dribbles outside from the inside of my bedroom. 

No comments: