Monday, November 20, 2017

Jewelry making and other stuff

So I made three videos chronicling my necklace making. It is again by no means complete nor professional. I even whine a little about needing people to buy my stuff. Really do need that tripod which neither Katie nor I can remember where it went. Since I was doing other stuff I never showed a video of the finished process but I did warn people.
I filled out another online application for a local woodworking store that is relatively well known. They also had an assessment test site which I think most companies are using to cut down on unnecessary interviews. 
It's hard to describe on an application the kind of random stored trivia and bits of knowledge I've acquired over 19 years of retail work. And life in general.
I have a trivia mind where if I find something fascinating I will store bits of that in my head and at some point I get to pull it out and use it.
Also collective experience and exposure to various other jobs and information. Like watching videos about fixing up houses I picked up some terms for house building. Watching a woodworking series (forgot which one) I know some names of woodworking tools as well as some types of wood. So unfortunately when they ask, in a very small box, what knowledge I have that would make me a good candidate it stops me. Uhhhh, you  have to show me something and ask me a question before I can show you how smart I am.
So anyway. I have the phone interview for EDD tomorrow morning between 8 and 10 am. I've got my bank card, the forms filled out for certification and all that. This is the last step and then hopefully will have some money in the bank by the weekend. I'm waay behind on my storage payment and if I don't get one in soon they start adding a lien payment which jacks that up another $100.
Yes I knew finding another job was going to be difficult and if unemployment payments aren't enough I will have to swallow my pride and push my previous experience aside and apply at Target. For December. The WORST time you could want to work at that place or any retail store. I am serious that I had PTSD after working there for a year and a half. At THAT store twenty years ago. Sure the manager may be gone and it may be an entirely different crew there but the work ethic and their practices have not likely changed. I also can't stand on my feet in one spot for a long period of time. 
Which is why I am exhausting all other possibilities first.

I also discovered all the original photos I took when I started making jewelry almost ten years ago. In that process of looking for the tripod I discovered the box of jewelry from said photos. Then I found the box of random jewelry and earrings I had shoved in a drawer. Most of that is either going to be taken apart or bagged up and given to Goodwill. It is useless to sell as it is either dusty, corroded or just plain ugly. Time for a fresh start with better skills and more imagination brought on by that evil site Pinterest. Well and the books I've collected as well as more skills and knowledge. 
Here's the video link to the youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrWgam-NyUQ

No comments: