Friday, November 17, 2017

My latest beading adventure: Videos!

I have decided with all this free time and the technology on hand that I should do a video series of how I work on a necklace. I mention in one of the videos that I can't find my tripod for the camera so I'm holding my phone for my first videos. I started the necklace then realized, A: I didn't have enough thread and B: I had made a mistake and taking the beads out would have shredded the thread even more so I restarted the necklace and videos as well.
Apparently the size limit for a video here is 100MB. My first video is 233MB. Oops, looks like it's link to youtube for now!

An update on my work situation.
I interviewed for a position at Home Depot that I knew I couldn't get. It involved in being at work at 5 am and buses don't run that early in the morning. I went through the interview anyway with the manager in charge of the MET (Merchandizing team that specifically only handles merchandise stocking and vendors). After the interview, which was mostly formula questions like I had seen on the assessment test, he said he would pass my packet to the actual store manager to see if she had any positions open for cashier or customer service. He said to give it a couple of weeks until she got back to the store.  I do think I thoroughly impressed him with my knowledge of retail operations as far as safety and procedure is concerned. He made some notes on my files and I can only hope it gets noticed. He said they only hire part time to start but the bonus is that dental and vision is part of the benefits for part time and 'incentives' like discounts for car rentals or other things for being a Depot employee. Whoopdee but it may well come in handy IF I get a job there.

In the meantime I'm trying to fill out the continuing claim form that was sent to me, which came on Monday the 12th.. and the date I needed to get it mailed back was... the 12th.  As usually for me I botched and didn't realize there was an option to go paperless until Katie told me. I went to the site, looking for that option and it keeps sending me to the new claim registration page (insert loud growling). Okay so I see a link for a 'helpful' video on filing a continuing claim on youtube... click on it annnnd.. video is no longer available (insert growling rumble with possible thunder).  Go back to the main site, try all the directions for getting to the UI online to file a continuing claim... annnd it sends me to the new account registration page (head exploding).
I am going to be force do use their phone system to try and find help. This is also not going to go well as I tried before and it shuffles you from one menu to another and pointing you to the UI EDD online site.
(full on volcano head exploding threatening village and entire island with anger lava).

So I'm trying to switch back and forth between looking for a new job listing, figuring out how to make a video, navigating the EDD site and frankly not having any stress relief.
Oh, it did rain this morning though.

 Image result for anger inside out


No comments: