Tuesday, March 13, 2018

So, almost a month in, a lot has happened.

Beginning of March, there was apparently a glitch in their schedule system and it gave me an entire week off. I figured if it was a mistake they would have caught it and called me or something. Nope. I was getting a badge holder from the supply room and it was right across from the managerial office. The manager AND the HR lady were there and said hi how's it going. I told them and they both riveted their eyes on me and said 'What? That isn't supposed to happen!' HR lady apologized profusely about it and the manager said they can't keep track of all 200 employees so next time bring it to their attention.
Okay then.
My schedule other than that is all over the board. Not liking that as I have to check it almost every day to catch any changes.
Car is still running good, so relieved to have a car finally and it's sturdy and reliable. Don't have to worry about an oil change for about 2000 miles yet. Gas prices of course are up again so I'm careful with my driving and where I go to conserve gas.
Oh, my rolling cheap desk chair finally broke one of the wheel housings. No way to salvage it and so was on a hunt for a new chair just like it since I knew they ran about $25. Looked online...checked some places, commiserated with Katie about it and then realized there was a Staples right down the road and they likely would have it. Go driving down there, went immediately to that section but didn't see anything less than $80. Walked up to the front where the manager was dealing with a customer and showed him a picture of what I wanted, he directed another employee to help me so we go back there. I could tell the guy was new and didn't know the stock that well...been there done that. I looked up and on a top shelf was a model that looked a bit like what I wanted. Pointed it out, he said well we have that one here, (no arms is one of the features I was looking for) I told him no, that is not on the floor and so he looked and went to find a ladder, found another employee that moved the big ladder and brought it down. I told him I just needed to know how much it was because my budget was about $25.
He scanned it when we got to the front and said, 'Well we can do better than that, how about $8?"
Ummm saywhat?
"It's on clearance, so $8 plus tax." I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough and carried it to the car.  Leather/vinyl seat, bigger seat and back... basically an upgrade to what I had for less than $10.  SCORE!

Katie has found a suitable roommate replacement that almost literally walked in the door of her work. She's a new coworker and let her know she was looking for a place that was closer to work. Well guess what... taadaaa! Her name is Trisha and I think we'll get along nicely, no nasty habits (Katie says she smokes the clove cigarettes but is trying to cut back),and has a wish to learn 'crafty stuff'. Also she has no car, so is taking the bus and now it will be my turn to help out someone who may need a ride occasionally. Just recently Katie says Trisha found a new job that is MUCH closer to where we live and better pay etc. so she will be much better off.
So yay! And ... sadness. Katie is planning on moving out by the end of this month. Sniff. Gonna miss that girl.
Now on to some other stuff. Amber was officially diagnosed with hyperthyroid. I always suspected she had some sort of issue due to how skinny she was and never gained any weight. Recently in the past year and a half or so she's been shakey. As in her whole body was shivering like she was cold or nervous or something and she started having a higher heart rate and that's when she decided to go see the doctor. Her blood pressure and her heart rate were higher than they should be. She's on anti-thyroid medication and something else to lower her heart rate and bp. The doctor had her go in for a sonogram of her neck to see just what her thyroid was doing and luckily she had the money for all of this. She's too late for getting Covered CA but if the diagnosis is pushed as being life threatening she might be able to get in on it before she has to have surgery. She says the meds make her feel drowsy and loopy which is to be expected, she's been running on a high metabolism for years I suspect. It'll take a few weeks for her system to equalize with the meds so can hope that she'll get better.
So... kind of a relief to discover what was going on and a small amount of worry if she has to have surgery to remove some or all of her thyroid.

Haven't heard from Devon in a while. I assume he's doing okay since he's still posting on facebook. I even reposted a picture of 'I will always be your mom' sort of thing that sometimes we just want a call or a message that says 'I'm okay'. He liked the post and didn't even think to actually do what it said. Sigh.
Love that boy but....
So that's my life up to now. It actually rained down here for a little while, we're getting some cloudy weather and all that.
Oh I actually sold a necklace and earring set this morning and shipped it off since I had the day off.
Oh EDD notified me end of last week that they set up a phone interview since I had marked I wasn't looking for work due to getting another part time job. Well it happened to be when I was at work. So I rescheduled it and the next available was the following Friday. When I would be at work. Calling them did no good so I just let it ride. I got the phone call while I was busy, listened to the message, called back and I got an answering machine. Explained the situation and said if they had any other issues to call and leave a message as I am now working 7 days a week part time at two jobs.  Next thing I know, the following Monday, EDD sent me the previous payment and the current one. I have dutifully and truthfully answered all the income questions every time so it's not like I lied and said I'm out of work still.
The bad thing is, I forgot to transfer the money over to my main account and the landlady then deposited both last month and this months check! BOING! I bounced the $700 check for this month. She's very understanding though and I told her I would be getting paid this Friday and clear it up.
I  haven't bounced a check in YEARS! So, deep breath and moving forward.
I think that's a long enough post for now. Sorry for that, happens when I don't do it every week.
Hope everyone else is doing okay.

A lot of emotional stress that people go through, some people figure out a way to handle it. They have a strong enough support system to keep going and keep moving forward. And some people, they feel like they don't have that outlet. Terrell Owens
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/terrell_owens_429902?src=t_keep_moving_forward
 "When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. When life is bitter say thank you and grow." - Unknown. (random quote site, no author given)
A lot of emotional stress that people go through, some people figure out a way to handle it. They have a strong enough support system to keep going and keep moving forward. And some people, they feel like they don't have that outlet. Terrell Owens
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/terrell_owens_429902?src=t_keep_moving_forward

No comments: