Friday, December 15, 2023

And another good update

 There are angels in my life that I have called friends and sisters. My dear dear friend who was brought into my life through knitting called me yesterday morning and asked what my SDGE account number was. Her and her husband have helped me so many times, I have done child sitting with their daughter several times as a way of justifying giving me gas money plus extra. They have bought groceries for us and then some. They paid $500 on my bill taking it down to a tad over $700. My friend CJ put $100 on my paypal card so we were able to get some groceries as well. I still got a shut off warning letter and a text message today but according to the website it is still set for Monday. Still makes me nervous but am writing this from my computer. We'll be able to pay some more on the weekend when Jon gets his money and I'll get on the website on Sunday to see if I can extend it again.

 

Thankfully Kroger has hams on sale for 99 cents a pound, also whole turkeys. We got a few necessities for food with the ham and we'll be hitting that up again when we have more money. As much as people complain about our government I am thankful for the change in paydates for both of us as we get money sooner between now and January. Still a long haul from pay to pay but it will save a little money in the long run.

I am knitting and gardening and still cooking. Cooked another pair of chicken legs with rice and gravy, as per request from Jon.

Going to be heating up that ham for tomorrow, probably have mac and cheese with it, might toss some broccoli in it and make some potatoes as well. We will feast this weekend! I have a bag of mixed beans for soup but unfortunately Jon doesn't like bean soup, hoping I can change his mind on that. Most of his dislike for some things are from bad experiences/cooking in the past. 

So just wanted to update for anyone that is still following this. We are hanging in there, much like the boat sinking but we're in a life raft, only a matter of time before either sharks or a rescue ship finds us.
 

 

 


No comments: