Saturday, December 30, 2023

Good news, bad news, good news. I guess.

 Good news, it rained again. Not life changing but a surprise to be sure. Okay so won't count that.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I was busy out in my garden, cleaning up some things and making room to move easier around. I wanted to start off with that because the thumbnail for the post would have been the following image of the SDGE notice for zero dollars overdue. But on with the news.

Good news, both Jon and I got our SSI money early due to the holiday I guess which included the new amount, mine was up by $40. Yay! We can pay rent on time for the first time in three years.We got some necessary things like paper goods, a few food items and a sandwich for each of us as a treat. We will both be getting paid on the third of the month yay! Well as far as SS is concerned but typically it hits the bank a few days early so that means paying rent closer to on time for the future.

Bad news: We got a notice that rent is increasing by $50 starting March 1.

Just can't catch a break.

Trying to think of the other good news....well not necessarily good news but Sharp medical called and left a message letting me know I was officially in the system and enrolled, and my doctor assigned was someone here in El Cajon. I got the call on Thursday but never got around to calling back to switch doctors or see if my previous doctor was available for Medicare patients. Oh well. Despite the little alert thing on my dashboard page for Sharp I was able to see what my coverage was and discovered there is indeed dental and vision but have to dig a little deeper to find out what the cost is on those.

We were hoping the food money would get deposited early but so far, no sign of it. That technically is supposed to land on the first so if it does, stores are open that day as it isn't an actual 'holiday'. Supposed to go with Amber to storage that day also so will have to see what happens. 

Oh as for the SDGE, I was able to pay another $40 on that around Christmas to keep that on a low simmer. I then got an email about the possible shut off on Jan 3 if I don't pay..... $0.00.

So yeah. I don't owe anything apparently..... but they had to send out a notice? Then I got one in the mail as well that was a 'bill' that you can write a check and mail it back in their envelope... yeah the amount due was blank. So that's a good thing at least. When I shared that on fb someone said that it may be an issue if they still disconnect. I said that if they disconnect I will march right down to the office with all appropriate pieces of paper and ask why did you disconnect and how did you intend to collect nothing from me?

 I'll be throwing some more money at that of course but still have to try and save enough  money up for car registration before Jan 22. Will save what we can this check and then try and scrape what I can together with the next check and take care of that. All but two tickets I've ever gotten were from expired registration. 

Jon and I were so cute when he saw his money had been deposited. I was still in bed as I do in the  morning and he cracks the door open and says "I has monies!" In the same sort of voice I answered 'You has monies? Then that means I should have monies too!' We went on for almost five minutes like that as I checked my email and sure enough 'I has monies too!'. We giggled about the whole thing and I said, 'This is how it is to be poor. Rich people don't do this'. We got ourselves ready and went out to run errands and groceries but when we got back I noticed notes in most everyone's doors and thought.. oh she must have delivered the newsletter early, then I saw the ominous format on one note and said, 'oh no'. I knew what it meant and my first thought was from Finding Nemo when Marlin and Dory encountered the angler fish, 'Good feeling gone.' The reasoning in the letter was due to the cost of electricity and water and other factors going up.

We were 'assured' that the rent would never go up as the complex was under rent control. Well either that was a lie or they no longer qualified for it or something. I looked around San Diego for Senior low income apartments and there is nothing out there that is the same size as our place for anything less than 1200. Studios are under 1000 in some places but not having that and of course I am still on the list for housing but we all know how long it takes to get close to the top of that list. 

So we hang tight, look for mortgage programs, scrimp and hopefully save.. and keep on swimming, keep on swimming...

 


 

 


No comments: