Wednesday, January 17, 2024

New phone (soon) who dis?

 It was amazingly easy and inexpensive to get a new phone. Jon transferred some money, I paid my phone bill then immediately went to the Cricket website and got to the insurance page.

Answered a few questions, verified who I was and that I was indeed a human to their standards, then gave them a sentence or two about what the problem was.... 'sounds like a battery problem' (automated answer on the form of course). Since my phone was a limited production it wasn't available for a direct replacement but the other two were an upgrade. I picked the one that was closest but still an upgrade, paid $10.78 (thankfully had more money than that in the bank), shuffle, shuffle, tick tock and I will have a phone in 1-3 business days.

It took all of maybe a half hour on the computer to take care of it. Didn't have to deal with a live person at all.

Here's the funny part: On the first page of the final instructions it said a pre-paid envelope would be included in the package and to remove the sim card and battery (if you can) and mail back the old phone **within 10 days**. Okay not a problem, easy peasy.

Next page after that to confirm the information it said **within 15 days**

Confirmation email of the order said, **within 60 days**.


 So yeah that was the only confusing part. Will get my phone open and find the sim card, already discovered can't remove the battery from a previous issue so that's basically it. Good thing I backed up my notepad notes with some of my log ins and grocery lists and stuff. Need to find out where that was offloaded because if it isn't...... sigh..... that will be a major loss as it had notes going back to when I met Jon and started a wedding list.

Will find out what is involved in the next few days for sure and update.  Jon was able to switch over to Cricket and keep his phone and number, yay again! So his phone bill will be cheaper which again, saves us money in the long run.

Slowly but surely working on living more frugal and yet still 'feed our souls' as he says.




No comments: