Tuesday, January 16, 2024

This is a first world emergency post

 My phone is dead. Black screen, no charge, dead. Can't even do a factory reset. Dead. I don't have money for a replacement.


So my phone has been on limited use (temporarily disabled) due to not paying phone bill a few days ago. This has happened before and it just means I still have a phone and it functions, if I have wifi. No wifi, no internet connection but phone still functions.

Yesterday it was working as described, took pictures and stuff in the morning and was doing things with it until the evening. Jon and I sat down to watch Indiana Jones Dial of Destiny (not a bad movie but not the best of the lot) and during a potty break I pulled my phone out of my back pocket where I usually have it and it was black screen. OK. Well let me see if it will turn on, nope. Wonderful. Did it completely die just sitting here? Took it in the bedroom and put it on the charger, no ping, no indication it was hooked up and yes the charger is one I use all the time and it is functional. Still dead in the morning after charging for over 12 hours.

So it's dead. I have no idea what happened. It wasn't sitting near a computer, or magnet or other electronic source. I haven't dropped it in at least a week. It hasn't been near water. It has the same cracks in the screen cover that have been there for months, if not a year.

I do not have the $70 right now to restart service. I most definitely do not have the  minimum $150 for a new phone. Not until next month at least which is two and a half weeks away.  Good thing I'm not expecting a call from my doctor or a job or anything.

So. For people following my other blogs, pictures will not be as frequent as I will need to use my ipad for photos then those are synced when I'm in the apartment to the computer for uploading.

So yeah, sort of incommunicado for a while. In an emergency those with Jon's number can get hold of him. Otherwise it's email and facebook only when I'm home and sitting at my desk.

FML. If it's not one thing it's another.

 


No comments: