Monday, September 23, 2024

Fall Equinox .... and not so Fall weather and rambling

 The past week has been amazing weather, cloudy and cool edging on nippy at night. Well leave it to mother nature to have a hot flash. In the high 80's for the next few days and then it cools down again. At least it's really cooling down at night so that's something to be thankful for.

So anyway..... we're floating along actually doing pretty good. It would still be nice to have an extra two hundred a month, which I am still trying to figure out how to make happen. But we still have food in the kitchen to fix, we get low on a few things and using up the last few dollars in the accounts to do that. Surfing on a low wave is what I'm calling it right now.

I have put my doctor and shot appointments in my calendar and keep checking it because my brain is getting more swiss cheese every week. So I thought my doctor appointment was today, a neat feature of our provider is they send out a 'pre appointment check in' email a week ahead of your appointment as well as a query to make sure you are still coming. Yesterday I realized I hadn't gotten my reminders and double checked the calendar...again. Sure enough it's for the 30th and we get shots the Saturday before. What is in my email this morning? Pre-check in form and query text for the appointment next week.

I swear this getting old stuff has got to go. Which reminds me I need to go take my supplements. 2 naproxen, 2 glucosamine, 2 turmeric with black pepper and 2 gingko and a multi-vitamin. Supposed to take two more ginkgo in the evening but I always forget. Seriously.

I have just been so anxious (not terrible anxious but it's been on my mind) about the doctor appointment and then still messed it up. The two primary things are going to be my eyes and hearing but also bring up other minor things going on, maybe get my pap smear done as well. See how knowledgeable she is on different things I've seen about cortisol and post menopause weight gain and stuff like that. I'm walking about 15-20 minutes four times a week but then sit on my ass for hours every day. It doesn't quite balance out.

With my birthday coming up next month I obviously can't afford anything myself and was thinking what I really could use... in a wanting/needing thing other than more money. My two hobbies are what needs help. So a gift card to Home Depot for gardening to get soil and fertilizer to refresh and build up the beds for the next season.  And maybe an Amazon gift card to take care of my knitting. I really wanted to finish the two pairs of socks for giving this Christmas, I need a new needle (or two) for the one pair that I broke the wood needle. Yarn I don't really need but there are so many pretty options out there..... I need needles mostly.

In the extravagant gift category.... a trip to Disneyland for Jon and I. That is getting so expensive they are pricing out the average families and to have an actual vacation means a high limit credit card (and an income to pay it off) or a personal loan. 1 person for one day entrance is $154 on an off peak day. 

2 people one park one day $318. 2 people food for one day just two main meals and two snacks each is about $100 (that's the low end just getting a sandwich or burger). Souvenirs minimum is $20 each.  So this is the cost for 1 day...1 day at Disneyland averages about $500 for two people. 

Now Jon and I not being that athletic and ancient in our ways would love to have two days and a hotel room to crash in. Tack on another 500 for just the hotel room. So that takes the cost up to $1200-1500 for two people to have a nice mini-vacation at Disneyland (I included a 2 day parkhopper ticket and parking there which if the hotel is close enough or has a shuttle wouldn't be necessary).

Much like me planning out costs involved in moving to a new house, I tend to overthink and overplan so it never happens.

Oh and with my new school shuttle schedule my only days free are Saturday Sunday and Monday. So.... 

 So whatever... gift cards are always welcome for my immediate needs.


 




No comments: