Everything's fine, nothing has gone wrong, but just got off the phone with the doctor office about the sigmoidoscopy. As far as prep goes, I prefer the other one. This is going to keep me up all night. Literally.
They wanted it done ASAP which means first schedule opening is Monday. This coming Monday... with a check in time of 8:20 AM. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get this done properly. Seriously.
Prep involves two doses of 'Mira Lax' the day before and then sometime 6 hours before I have to check in I have to do two enemas. That puts it at 2 am. I just now noticed there are two different sets of prep instructions and have no idea if I'm supposed to do both or one only or what. Of course they called around 4:30 so being after 5 now, the office is closed. I haven't gotten any notice from the pharmacy that I told the nurse to send the prep request to. My innards are now tied up in knots with anxiety about this and realize I should have asked for another week rather than immediately. Too late now because it's now $100 cancellation fee to postpone it.
Standard no eating after 2pm the day before and clear liquids only which is going to be putting me in a bad mood already. They want you to eat a 'good breakfast and lunch' before 2. My inclination is eat lightly so there isn't as much stuff to expel. I think that's where I got into trouble the first time but I'm not double sick from medications at least. Oh dang, forgot to ask about taking my blood thinners which was mentioned in the instructions. I think I need to hold off on those for the evening and morning dose if I remember correctly. Too late to call or message now since it's Friday and everyone's gone home. So stupid, I really should have just postponed it for a week.
I am so anxious about this, I just messaged my GI office and hope they get it before Monday.
More as this develops.
No comments:
Post a Comment