Monday, July 20, 2026

Meanwhile, in the digestive end of the universe

 Got the call back from GI doctor office, and the calprotectin is still very high which it shouldn't be with my treatment schedule. So. The current plan is get another stool sample to check for infection of some sort (it sounded like she said 'fetus' but I know that's not right). Then if there's no sign of infection then, they want to take a few biopsies of the inflamed areas doing a different type of colonoscopy. It's called a 'flexible sigmoidoscopy'. Sounds like it's named after someone but it's actually just the lower third of my colon called the 'sigmoid' or something like that. 

So anyway, need to go pick up the test kit first and then do that before the end of the week, bowel prep after that for the scoping is same day so no long prep and ugly nasty tasting prep solution.  It does involve other prep which is.... almost as bad but hey, if they can figure out what the heck is going on and get a fix for it I'll do it. Not going to like it... gonna hate it, but sometimes gotta do bad stuff to get better right?

Rocky guarding my ipad before I got into the shower.

Other than that, it's hot outside. 90 today but lower humidity thankfully, only got a brief waft of wildfire smoke the other day from a fire that's north east of us (I think that's where it is). I got out and cleared the last of the sad veggies from the raised bed instead of trying to water. So tired of hauling out that hose and getting all dirt. I'm looking at retractable reel hoses and frankly, not much out there and don't trust them. Those slinky style hoses are not very heavy duty and have been known to split after the warranty runs out. Standard hose reels either are huge cumbersome things or you have to attach them to a wall. I can't do either. There was one hose stand that you push into the ground but then I would need an extra ten feet of hose to connect it to the hose bib. It would also be out in the weather and also be used by the other two 'gardeners' which would increase use and possible damage. Then there's the cost, which is always a factor. Sigh.  

Anyway,  that's the update for now, heart is good bowels not so much but still working on it. 

Oh! Cooking. Bought some more bacon so we had BLT's for breakfast and I've been saving the bacon grease in a jar in the fridge for whatever frying I might want to do. I had tried to do pulled pork in the crock pot last night but for whatever reason it didn't work out (thought cooking it on high for 4 hours would work, I was wrong and needed more time but was still tasty and cooked through).  So semi-bbq flavored pork meat was in the fridge. I then got a hankering for a Ronto Wrap from Galaxy's Edge. Went down the check list of ingredients:
 
White 'peppercorn' sauce... easy peasy to make, still have all the ingredients. Done and done last night.
Pita bread... x-large flour tortilla will do folded in half
Sausage... Kirkland hot dog as a substitute
Pork 'loin' slices... pork of some sort sliced, seasoned and reheated in microwave.
'Tangy slaw'... bought shredded cole slaw cabbage the other day for just such a situation 
 
Hot dogs... that'll do, extra large flour tortillas folded in half subbing in for a pita bread, check... bought the shredded/coleslaw cabbage mix the other day so got that.... Huzzah! So for lunch I whipped that up. Fried the kirkland hot dog (actually pretty dang good as a substitute for the sausage), sliced up a few pieces of the pork and heated that up in the microwave.... it was spectacular! Gonna be a do again for dinner tonight. Yeah..that was dang tasty.
I augmented the sauce by adding in a little extra mayo and about two tablespoons of sour cream and extra fresh ground pepper. Tangy, sweet, spicy and perfect. Base recipe for a reminder is 'Bob Gibson's White Sauce' only makes about a half cup or so.

All done now, it is now 95 outside, a comfy 80 inside and I think I'll go do some knitting while Jon takes a nap. 

 

 

 

 


 

No comments: