I wasn't like this six years ago, I wasn't even like this three years ago. Our apartment is now mostly cleared of smoke from oil that got too hot while I was having to break for the bathroom suddenly.
(Another shot of Rocky guarding my ipad because there's no other pictures worth posting)
We decided to have crispy chicken sandwiches for lunch and I decided to try and make 'cottage' fries again (and again failed on the potatoes). In past years doing this I was able to get through the entire cooking process, prep and eating without having to run to the bathroom at all. So just after I finished the potatoes and then dropped in the first piece of chicken, my bowels decided it was an emergency. I had just turned the heat up on the burner too and failed to turn it off when I had to run to the bathroom.
So I'm stuck in the bathroom not knowing what was going on in the kitchen, 15 minutes later I get done and the place is full of smoke. Jon had asked if he needed to turn something off, but failed to tell me it was a near fire situation. 91 degrees outside and we have to open up everything and turn the AC off. It was bad and I am wondering why Jon wasn't coughing up a lung and opening up the windows and door. So I look at the pot of oil and all the debris from the first piece and the fries has turned the oil black. I turn down the oil and finished cooking the chicken, which was tasty but I was not happy.
He now has the kitchen cleaned up and it still smells like burnt oil and will continue to smell like that until we open up after sunset. I looked at the test results and, as I suspected, it came back negative for 'C-diff' (not 'fetus') which is a marker for infection. So it's not infection, I'm not responding to the treatment and, in fact, seems like I am getting worse. It cycles through but feels like the 'bad' sessions of 'emergency' runs is going on longer and worse. Or seems like it.
I hope something is discovered to take care of this and not drastic measures like colostomy. Will probably get a call from the doctor tomorrow or Tuesday about the next steps involving the second colonoscopy. Going to be an absolute mess from now until December and maybe beyond.

No comments:
Post a Comment