Friday, August 14, 2026

Done and done

 It's not just the prep this time, along with being tortured with only liquid intake for two days, this time was different.


Not going into details but the doctor made a note and I agreed that if there's a next time, I get sedated. Combination of labor pains and bad gas pain, it was horrific for about 5 minutes I think (according to the post procedure notes, it was exactly 5 minutes). Which is an eternity and was reminiscent of my worst session on the toilet a month ago. So yeah. When I mentioned if I have it done again, the doctor said, 'well it's likely he'll ask for another sometime and will make a note to have it under sedation'. She'll have results from the samples in about ten days, going to predict nothing significant.

Good news is, the inflammations spots from January are reduced so she said it looked really good other than a few small patches which she took samples of. She mentioned the difference between diverticulitis and diverticulosis. 'itis is bad, 'osis is not so much (you can look it up if you want) which is what I have. So now it's a matter of figuring out just what the heck is causing my issues. I'm giving up sodas again to see if that makes any difference. Because that's the only thing that is a constant in my diet everything else is highly variable

So despite being recommended to eat something light and easy to digest... we stopped at In N Out. I only got a single burger and fries (and despite saying no onion, mine had onion on it) and later on I'll probably heat up the last chicken pot pie.  Only drinking Powerade for the duration at this point and will see what happens down the line. 

Okay next week is another appointment for the top surgery and then the week after that I think is my next infusion.  Rocky has his appointment next week as well. Oh and Jon's last blood tests were all great. A1c is down, cholesterol is down, BP is good, all things considered his numbers are excellent, doctor was very pleased. YAY. 

Need to get gas tomorrow and will check finances and maybe have enough to get sammiches. Because I will still be freaking hungry tomorrow! 

                       

No comments: