I sent an email this morning after not getting any feedback and then decided, since we were going to get a birthday lunch for Jon, we'd stop at the vet personally.
Well, turns out it looked like they only had one vet listed on the front window which makes them a very busy office. The receptionist was friendly and when I explained my problems with making an appointment she said that they had disabled making online appointments because they couldn't keep up. Well it would be nice if they would post that on the website. So she said she had seen my email this morning and got my information and concerns. Asked if he had seen a vet before and I mentioned the name and I had is records, she said 'oh I know them you want us to contact them for his records?' I said sure! So all in all, $68 for initial visit, but if they need any blood work done it can run over $100. I guess I'll mention the senior discount when we get there, and that was it. She said the best way to get hold of them is email, call or text. I'll mention when we get there next week to pass the word along about changing the website info. Jon thought it was sketchy they didn't have their prices posted. I told him I have yet to see a vet post their prices on a website but then I haven't shopped around for vets in a while. Next Wednesday at 2:15 for his appointment is set. Whew!
Rocky seems to be more like his old self this morning. He got some water last night when I filled the bathroom sink a little with water. He's got a little more energy as well and is now napping on the bed again. Apparently 8 years old is considered 'senior' for cats, I beg to differ, but it all depends on how long they live (which is what the receptionist said). I counted with 'he's middle aged'. Oh and Jon cleaned out his box last night but I failed to ask and he didn't offer that there were four large clumps and one small clump in the litter. So that's some progress and I know Rocky used it overnight because there was litter scattered on the bathroom floor.
So yes, it's Jon's birthday today and with an extra money gift we went down to our favorite taco place and had delicious rolled tacos with rice and beans (my last big meal for the next three days). Then stopped at Baskin Robbins and got two scoop cups for dessert. He's calling it a great birthday and I'm good with that. I'm feeling better about Rocky but am still concerned about his health and how we're going to pay for it.
Breathing a little easier and less stressed today because we've got ice cream and ice cream always makes things better. Haven't heard from Wellman about the laptop yet, Amber says it's making progress apparently. Would have been nice to have it done by today but oh well.
Going to do some knitting and relax in front of the fan and enjoy it not being 90+ inside the apartment.

No comments:
Post a Comment