I decided to research the teaching hospital/vet down the road from us, literally less than five minutes away. I hate making cold calls to businesses so looked like they had good reviews and a way to fill out a new client form online, great!
Until it wasn't great. I filled out the form, then saw there were three possible financing options available. One of them was the CareCredit card which I knew was a no go, the other two I hadn't heard of. I proceeded to go through the hoops and omg stuff just to get my identity verified. They wanted a photo of my ID/license, well okay see if I can do that on my computer with the camera. My hands shake too much and the lens was probably fogged up so neither front nor back photo was good enough. SIGH okay try my phone, so have to get my phone, open up the QR code reader in order to get to the website.... holy hoops batman!. Then had to take a picture of my license that way, first photo wasn't accepted, second one was, back was accepted immediately (sort of). It then switched back to the computer. All of that, and I didn't prequalify.
NUTS. The last choice had a relatively simple form to fill out until it gets to the bottom and asks what the approximate cost of services would I be getting. I DON'T KNOW! I haven't even talked to a real person yet nor have I gotten confirmation that I'm actually a new client there. I got confirmation that my form had been received and filled out correctly. That was it. I can't even book an appointment until I get a confirmation because it doesn't have a form for me to create a password to go with my email.
::Charlie Brown screaming in frustration::
As for Rocky, he's been sleeping all day. I just gave him some wet food with some added water on the advice online for getting him more liquid. He pretty much cleaned the plate but has avoided the water bowl. He hasn't even used the litter box yet. That is what has me concerned with a bowel/urinary blockage. I might have to call tomorrow and see about an emergency appointment that may cost in the thousands because it's 'surgery'. Exam, bloodwork, IV for fluids, sedation, all the things.
I hope that baby lizard he ate isn't the cause for all this.
I start diet restriction day after tomorrow but will be reducing solid food and upping my liquid intake tomorrow. Not that I've been eating a lot myself, scrambled eggs with sausage and bacon in the morning with a few spoonfuls of yogurt. Lunch today was pan seared oven baked chicken thighs (once again having to open windows and door for ventilation) and mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy. Ice cream sandwich, a BLT for 'dinner' and only had one coke with ice middle of the day.
So far that's all the news right now. I have zero money and will tell the vet office tomorrow when I call and also that I've been turned down for the three finance options. At least they have a 10% senior discount on services.

No comments:
Post a Comment