Monday, August 10, 2026

I am a very concerned cat mom

 I may be starting a gofundme or looking for paypal donations very soon.

Rocky has been a bit lethargic the last few days, which normally isn't unusual for it being so hot. I noticed he seemed to have lost some weight in the past few weeks and again, not unusual since he doesn't have as much undercoat. The issue is, he stopped drinking water that I can tell the last 24 hours and has no pee lumps in the same amount of time in his litter box. His litter box leavings have been basically normal up until this month.  He's had a soft lump on his back just near his hips but when I've massaged it he hasn't done anything so it's not painful.

But now I'm really worried because I know if cats get dehydrated it can cause a whole lot of other serious complications. He's still hungry and is begging for his wet food or anything but his dry kibble, which he nibbles on when I'm on the toilet if he's awake. But even then it's only a few token nibbles and I saw him look at his water bowl and pause then turned away. I cleaned it out and made sure it was cool water but he doesn't have any interest in it.

I was fixing a roast beef sandwich and he was right at my feet begging for some bits so I made sure to give him some (the london broil slices I got at costco and made sure they were interior not edge with spices). I'll double up his wet food portion in the morning just so he gets some water from that at least. 

My bigger worry is I don't have the money for vet bills, don't qualify for the CareCredit card and  a regular credit card would only be about $200 limit. That's barely a doctor visit cost with labs and tests.  Which is why I have delayed taking him in to have the lump looked at. If it's cancer, I'll be looking at any and all pet charities for sure in the morning. 

He's snoozing on my side of the bed as usual but I keep double checking to make sure he's still breathing.


 

 

 

 

No comments: