Sunday, August 9, 2026

It's hot, just sliding through the week.


That screenshot was taken around 2:30 on Saturday (yesterday). It didn't get below 90 until the sun was almost completely set. Of course by then it was almost dark and Rocky didn't get a chance to go out, same situation today and Friday so he's been an 'indoor' cat for three days, poor baby. Of course I didn't get a chance to go out much either but you don't see me moping on the bed. Well he's not moping, more napping than much else. It's kind of breezy and hazy outside right now, bees are visiting the Jacaranda tree in full bloom and at 1:00 pm it is 96 with a 'real feel' of 100. Yeeeesh! Fans are blowing, AC was on most of the night and is on again now. All the medical people say 'you need to get direct sunlight on your skin for your health'... uhh right, I'll check back with that in about three months.

 Day three of 'staged diet change' for 'oscopy prep. Most of what I'm not supposed to eat, I don't eat much of at all anyway. They want low fiber and no seeds or fruit with seeds, only thing I usually eat that's more fiber is wheat bread. Not even 'whole wheat' just the cheap 'soft wheat' bread we usually have. So went out and bought a loaf of plain white bread for when I want some toast or a sandwich. Three days before is when it starts getting more restricting (as some of you know from experience) so not going into anymore details on that.  

My new tomato plants are doing well so far (got a twofor in a single pot). It's been in the ground for three days and non worse for the transplant. Those are more scallions I planted as well, which isn't much but they're a good stand by all year round. For the actual garden people that's a Bush Champion II, apparently more disease resistant than regular Bush Champion (which is a slicing type). I have never grown this variety so if it's a good one, I'll do a repeat instead of the Roma. Tired of seeds taking so long, not having enough room to start them properly so budget willing will try and do more starts than seeds in the future.

As for everything else, my mental health is.... rather rough right now. Been kind of cranky the last couple of days and I'm chalking it up to prep anxiety. The kind of cranky where the smallest things happen for no particular reason and it's way more frustrating.  Going to also chalk it up to the weather being particularly aggressive which limits going outside. We did get out to the store the other day to pick up a few more things. Our major shopping is done which included a hunk of beef from the store and more chicken from Costco. Got frozen shrimp and chanced on a 'meatball and sauce dinner' from Costco as well. 8 jumbo meatballs in sauce, heating them up in the microwave was easier and neater than using the stove and a pot. As for a do again, not on the list, it was all one flavor. The sauce was more in the lasagna category than a marinara with flavors. The meatballs were definitely jumbo and I could only eat two with the spaghetti I cooked to go with it. The meatballs were not meaty enough for my liking, with the same flavor as the sauce. Kind of soft and almost mushy which tells me they added a lot more bread crumbs to fill them out.  I'll stick with making my own at home with more flavor. 

Once again there was something on my mind I wanted to share but have forgotten now that I'm sitting down at the computer. Oh! Got my driver license renewed, online whooo! Wish the price on that would go down the longer you've been a driver. Cost was only $46 but still would be nice to have a long time discount as well as the safe driver discount from the insurance. I looked into that, in order to be a verified 'safe driver' you have to take a driving course and get certified. Right. No. Not with a cataract that I...uhhhh kind of sort of.... forgot to check off on the form online.....oops.

Rocky likes my shawl project. He can't have it as I am gifting it to someone for Christmas (it's not really my color palette but still lovely). Hoping the person who gets it appreciates the extra 'heathering' of cat fur. I have enough yarn of each color to make a matching scarf as well but I've got socks to finish before the holidays so will see about any other projects when this is done.

I think that's all for now. Mood is improving with food of course, finished off the leftover meatballs and spaghetti for lunch. Everyone stay cool and safe out there!

 


 

 

No comments: