Monday, September 7, 2026

A week in and already broke

 As usual. Story of my adult life.

Overspent on groceries by $15, had to use the 'reserve' in the joint account for shampoo and conditioner and corn starch (Jon uses it) and then just enough gas in the car to get me to the end of the month. Not enough left to get Rocky his full 3 month flea treatment. I 'might' be able to get one month for him but not three. 

Jacaranda outside the kitchen window, tried to adjust the shadows but that only made it worse. It's been horrifically miserable for the weather the last three days and even worse with the tropical storm/hurricane that sideswiped us. 90 degrees and 65% humidity.  
Today just a few minutes ago. Morning prediction said it would get about 90... reality begs to differ. We've had to run all the fans 24/7 and the AC over night twice so that's running up the electric bill over $150 but won't know the exact amount for another week. The number doesn't matter really either I pay storage or I pay SDGE and the other bills. 

To top things off I'm not feeling very on top of things with everything internal and all that the last few days. I still can't figure out what foods I'm having that causes things to go wonky even worse. It's hard to eat the same things every day when I have so many choices. Cutting back on sodas to one a day again (for me at least), still having wheat bread but not the 'whole wheat' good stuff. Makes it difficult to buy healthy food enough for a month when everything is so expensive now.

At least I've been getting more knitting done, sort of. Working on two pairs of socks has done a number on my right thumb so went and bought a 'wrist and thumb support glove' and taking Tylenol as often as the bottle recommends or as often as I need it after 8 hours. 

Not sure if I'm going to take a nap didn't sleep very well last night, either tossing and turning or on the toilet almost every hour or two. Hard to take a nap with Rocky layiing up close to my pillow but can take off my shoes and lay sideways across the bed.

And that's what I did. Wasn't exactly a comfy nap but I needed to close my eyes for a couple of hours apparently. Wonder if it's the 3x day med for my legs catching up on me? The sun is about all the way down so the temp is now 95. Won't be comfy enough to open up for another couple of hours like last night. 

I've got a pre-op appointment with my primary tomorrow then likely another pre-op with the surgeon but I have a reminder for getting my flu, RSV and Covid booster shots in my files. Will ask the doctor about that tomorrow as well because not sure if that's going to interfere with surgery prep whatever.

Okay, once again there were other things on my mind I wanted to t ype but can't remember what they were.

See ya! 

 

No comments: