Wednesday, September 2, 2026

New month, how you?

 Today the weather is actually reasonable. It is now 4:15 pm and we have not turned on the AC as yet. It only got up to the mid 80's while we were out for second round of groceries at Costco and since it was still breezy and reasonable, didn't bother shutting up and turning on the money eater.


 Rocky curled up like a pill bug on the bed. Still have to get his flea control because I keep forgetting to stop at the pet store when we're in that direction. I discovered it's basically the same price there ($50) as it is getting it from Chewy but would have to pay shipping getting it online. 

Infusion on Monday went as well as usual, have a pre-op appointment later this month, then another pre-op then the long/short wait until surgery. I still don't know what time the surgery is and Amber has already started school with work on the weekends. Since surgery is on a Friday depending on the time she might be able to give us a ride. I don't know how that's all going to work out though and likely will not get figured out until the last minute.


 I have stressed my right thumb sufficiently knitting so much that I had to buy a compression glove. Not the best but will do and not knitting as much or on certain projects to give the tendons time to recover. What would really help is taking some anti-inflammatory but that's not happening unfortunately. This has happened before and suggestions have ranged from changing the way I knit to laying off knitting entirely for a week. Well, neither of those is happening either because I have Christmas presents to make and learning a new way to hold the yarn would be just as stressful on my thumb. The glove is helping though when I'm knitting or using my hand a lot. 

I've got about $66 left in food money to get the remainder of the groceries. I only bought the bare minimum hamburger, chicken breasts and shrimp for protein. I did score a big 2 lb bag of sti fry veggies that is a better mix than what I could find at F4L. Oh..and Jon saw the first wave of pumpkin pies were out already... so that's in the fridge as well. He wanted to get a bar cake today and had to tell him, we don't have the room with the pie. He pouted but agreed and we finished our shopping picked up a package of pollo asado for tacos later in the month as well. 

Rent check is delivered waiting for other bills to suck the life out of the bank account. There's a possibility though of moving out stuff to a newer storage place much closer and much cheaper. I've delayed long enough though that the size we need may be gone by the time we have money for it again. With renting a truck and taking two or three days to move everything (rough budget is about $200 for new storage to set up and almost the same for the truck), I don't know if we even have the energy to do that. Especially driving a large box truck 30 miles. I did it once, six years ago when we moved here but that was a smaller truck than what we'll need moving everything in one fell swoop (to save on gas and time). Also on a time constraint since I'll be out of commission for doing something that strenuous in October. So once again, missed an opportunity that would have saved us money. The standard price they had listed on the website is almost half the price of what I'm paying now. 

Garden is barely surviving. I'm only using a gallon water jug to water the tomato and the oregano because it's been too hot and it's a waste of energy and water to drag the hose out to water empty dirt and two plants and the onions. I mean it's growing but not very much because it's so hot and it's trying to put roots out into warm mostly dry soil. I've been dumping about five or six gallons of water on everything and digging the soil a bit so it gets down deeper. I do what I can with what I've got.

I think about everyone that reads these posts almost every day. I got to chat with Devon and hear how he's doing (give hugs to Rem for me Dude). Wonder how everyone else is doing, even Mike and Nancy I worry about given how much older they are than me. If I don't say Happy Birthday or message on holidays it's not that I don't care, just... I lack good communication skills and am trying to work on that.I always worry that I'm catching someone at a bad time of day or their busy with something and don't want to be a pest. 

Just know that I do think about everyone and hope things are going well as they can for you all.

 

 

 

No comments: