The last few days I've not been feeling up to snuff. Wanting to take a nap either just after breakfast or middle of the day. Remember what I said about me needing naps means there's a problem?
Had my primary doctor pre-op check up today and she had me do a metabolic blood check. I didn't even tell her I hadn't been feeling well but my potassium has been dropping for the past few months and I had forgotten about that. Well the blood test has now shown my potassium is 3.3 and hemoglobin and hematacrit are also low. No wonder I've been feeling like crap and especially after my nap yesterday the way I felt was exactly how I felt in January (although not so bad as that since I'm not on that chemo anymore). But the lethargy and over all bleh feeling was there. I forced myself to make two BLT's after my nap yesterday and it did make a difference. I thought maybe I was just hungry, but turns out more than that.
So I'm low potassium, low calcium and blood counts are low. Not surprising on that last one, considering I've been having issues for that coming out my back end. So now I have to load up on all things high potassium and possibly calcium (got milk? Butter? Cheese?)).
Veggies and fruit suggestions from the doctor: avocados, oranges, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and of course potatoes. If I have to eat any of those every day, the only ones I can do would be potatoes, tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Avocados are a once a month purchase, those of you who have had them know what I mean. Price is high and viability is very short so as much as I love that fruit, it's a splurge purchase. What is really interesting is when we were at the store I looked at the large display of navel oranges being only .99/lb and kind of whimpered. I love oranges, and then in the check out line I saw the small tube type packages of seeds they have there and thought, 'sunflower seeds sounds good right now'. So my body was telling me something even then.
So that's my status right now and got a call for the pre-aenasthesia appointment so that's set, final pre-op for surgeon is in about a week or two and it's going to come up all of a sudden and be like, 'oh my god it's night before surgery!'. Actually got that call just exiting the doctor office and was in the lobby so that was good timing for them. That's only a phone call appointment but have to set aside a 2 hour block even though the call only takes 20 minutes. Typical doctor visit in other words.
Deep breath.... oh and the weather is still heinous but there's puffy clouds moving overhead right now, got up to 104 today and is now down to 99 and partly cloudy.


No comments:
Post a Comment