Only in the upper 80's but the way things go, still have to turn ac on in the afternoon.
So pleasant enough in the evening we can actually turn off the ac and just have the windows and door open with fans running. I'm keeping the bedroom light off when I'm sitting at the desk and only using the overhead desk lamp. Trying to conserve electricity as much as possible now and also not using the oven and stove so just heating up leftovers every other day in the microwave or on the stove.Doctor confirmed that my heart is just fine and no cardiac pre screening needed before surgery. Had a heck of a time trying to find the Iron with vitamin C supplement anywhere near me until I read her directions again and it said 'dietary or supplement'. Well geez, not being an effective reader there, so since I was going over to CVS anyway I made an appointment for a flu and covid booster. Doctor confirmed those were good but don't worry about the RSV right now. Jon also got his booster as well just before mine so we're all set in that department. Arm doesn't hurt right now but will see how it goes in a few more hours and tomorrow.
I paid the 'past due' amount on SDGE which was only $35 and change since a friend sent me some money to help deal with that. When that and the phone bill clears I'll see what I've got left. Doing an instant transfer from paypal took out a few dollars because I wasn't sure when that would hit the bank either. I'm hoping we get money on October 1 so we can do a little food shopping before I'm laid up for surgery. I've got enough gas in the tank for my appointment on Thursday and after that I only have a phone appointment for the pre-anesthesia interview. I'm hoping they will have a time for surgery by then so I can tell Amber. Don't know how we're going to handle that if she can't give us a ride, if we have money will use Lyft but it depends on the time.
As everyone knows I love Jon dearly, would take a bullet for him and take care of him for the rest of his days but let me tell you about his lack of forethought.
He is a bit compulsive about cleaning things. He hates the feel of greasy things in the kitchen so if he doesn't have his favorite 'all purpose cleaner' (called 'Awesome' and I have objections to using that on dishes as well despite the instructions saying it can be used) he'll use rubbing alcohol in addition to the perfectly good dish soap we have, which I also have objections to. He recently bought a three pack of Lysol disinfectant for the bathroom. Well it's an 'all surface' thing so what does he do? He sprayed the inside of a small mason jar and the lid to disinfect it due to it having moldy whatever in it. The lid is an appropriate plastic lid for canning jars and he then filled up the jar with water and left it on the counter for a week. I wanted to make some ranch dressing and that jar is a wide mouth and perfect size for 2 cups of dressing. Right. So he had rinsed it out and left it on the counter to dry and I opened it.... I was feeling unreasonably ticked off about smelling lysol chemicals in one of my storage jars. I used some baking soda and hot water to hopefully get rid of the smell. After doing that process twice, shaking hte contents well, the glass jar was fine, the lid still had a faint musky perfume odor. I was not going to take a chance with a milk based dressing and that lid. Luckily I have a few spares up in the cupboard and was able to contain the dressing without extra flavoring.
As an aside, I discovered all this the other night (wee hours of the morning actually) due to gastro upset lately I wasn't sleeping well. So I was not in a good mood to begin with, in the morning just before I started making lunch I gently let Jon know that lysol is not to be used in the kitchen for cleaning anything. He ducked his head apologetically and admitted he goofed up. I hope that my firm but gentle tone was enough to let him know I was displeased. The compromised lid I put up in the cupboard under the box of the other lids so I won't be using it any time soon.
When he's nervous or anxious he tends to get into hyper-clean mode. So deep cleaning the fans and using 'contact cleaner' on the moving parts which smells like a solvent. Oh and we haven't compiled anything in that corner yet. No surprise there. I'll mention it to him after he wakes up from his nap.
Nothing new in the garden, it's fallow until further notice which will likely be around November or December. Knitting is progressing, two pairs of socks for presents in addition to the other two finished, plans for a hat, another pair or two of socks at least. Have a trash bag full of yarn I will never use and hope to be able to trade that for some fresh veggies on Thursday. If we make that side trip then we may not be able to get to storage. I won't have the gas or money for filling the tank unless I impose on someone for help with half a tank. (insert loud and angry invectives at current administration)
Okay arm is starting to feel itchy and slightly bruised where the shots were done. Going to do some knitting and move my arm around to get the circulation going. Maybe an ice pack in a little bit.
Deep breath and release.

No comments:
Post a Comment