Weather is.... still hot, but cooling overnight thankfully. Right now it's 7:30 and 80 but should be below that in another hour or so, yay! Get to open up just in time for Jon to come in at 9 and want the AC on again. I am going to try and convince him otherwise because once we close our door there is no air circulation in the front of the apartment and the temp shoots up to 88 or 90. All night.
As for the doctor note, after she got a look at my numbers she came up with just the list of veggies but also an iron supplement with vitamin C. The message sounded like it was almost AI written or something because every sentence started with 'Please' and the directions almost sounded contradictory. Not to mention forgetting that I am currently still having diarrhea and I should take the supplement with food and might need a stool softener. Really? Yeah I think those were generic directions from someone. I had sent a message before that to ask about getting my RSV and Flu shot as well as my Covid booster but she hasn't answered that. I'm getting reminders from the pharmacy as well as Sharp about it and wanted to make sure it was okay and far enough out from surgery.
Can't send any other messages until Monday any who.
The tomato is toast. I didn't get out to water for three or four days and the soil is dry as a popcorn fart. Wrong time of year for it and just bad timing so that bed is completely empty and the only thing I have in the ground is the oregano and that's going to get pulled as much as possible as well. As soon as it cools down a bit more.
Been getting a lot of knitting done at least. On the fifth color of eight now so still a long ways to go. Might have it done by end of October, maybe. I'm also working on two pairs of socks for Christmas presents, so alternating between the projects due to hand fatigue.
Getting tedious but also exciting seeing the progress but there's also a mistake in that center cable that I am not going back to fix. It's now a design element.And speaking of Christmas, I got a sudden, I don't know how to explain it. Not an urge but don't know what that I wanted to decorate for Christmas this year. Like almost a premonition that I was going to be happy and want to decorate and have that wonderful holiday feeling. The problem is... clutter corner.
I want to put our small tree up on the top like we did our first year together. That's an invitation for Rocky of course but will see what happens. All of those CD's are Jon's. He's got boxes of old mail that's 'important', bills, things like that in small boxes, the bags are sheets that need to be washed on the bottom and a bag full of yarn on the top. 2 kitchen table chairs we've never used, the high bar stool, we've never used, a cat food storage container that the cat food needs to go in.... and bags of bags and packing wrap. The booster stool is absolutely necessary so that stays, and then we have six gallon water jugs for when we run out of money for a case of water we go over to the water store and can get a few gallons for a few dollars. That brings up another storage issue entirely.
So yeah. I've been wanting to get that corner decluttered for a few years. Not going to go there with the bookcase of cd's. I told Jon what I wanted to do and of course he gave me a thumbs up but.... I don't think he realizes how serious I am about this. I want that all decluttered before November and considering I will be making 'regular' trips to Scripps Ranch doctor Next month and the month after it has to be done soon. (can you tell we're Star Wars geeks?). Jon is an emotionally attached pack rat. He will 'collect' things because in his brain he thinks he'll be able to sit down and watch a full season of 'Monk' or the boxed special edition of Wizard of Oz. I have all my videos in there too and yes, emotional attachment is there for me as well. But all those CDs have all been transferred to his computer now. We don't need them taking up space in the front room. But we also need to get rid of a LOT of stuff in storage. I know a few things that can go and I can rummage around for my books and some cross stitch boxes for Logan. Will see what happens next week when we are over there.
Then there's the cupboard in the bedroom. He bought a pair of fancy toed cowboy boots for cheap a few years ago and has not worn them once. All because he used to have a pair like them when he was younger. There's electronics stuff that is not functional, a bag of assorted power cords, another box of 'important papers', the tool box, assorted glues and lubricants.... that stink up anything in there..remember the sheets? Yeah, that's why they're in a bag in the front room because there's no room in the closet and they were going to be washed but he kept putting off that large a chore.
I feel like I'm in nesting mode. Which kind of makes sense since I'm headed into surgery that will have me laid up for a few weeks. Well not badly laid up but not fully mobile and able to function completely.
(whoohooo! It is now 77 degrees outside and we have opened all windows and the door! Yay for fresh air!)
Okay, going to take a bio break and get some more knitting done and make a list on paper of what is in my head of things to do.
Nesting syndrome, yep that's what it is.






No comments:
Post a Comment