The weather is still absolutely furnace level outside. We had to run the AC all night again because, despite it being in the low 70's outside, pulling that cooler air inside or pushing the warm air out at a high exchange rate is impossible. So I did not sleep well at all until after the sun came up and my body settled down.
This was day before yesterday, basically the same since then. It's supposed to cool down over the weekend and turn tropical with possible rain. Right. It's kind of breezy outside from what I can see out my window but as I said, it's still a blast furnace.I am still uncomfortable but managed to feel good enough to wash my hair yesterday and my arms with a washcloth. Wearing an actual button up shirt and shorts for a while today as well. So very much more feeling human-ish. Can't WAIT to get to the doctors on Friday and hopefully get some of this binding and the drain out. I'm not supposed to drive but have no choice. A little bit itchy going on which is good because that means things are healing and shifting. I should be back to relative normal by Thanksgiving. Lord willing and the creek don't rise, as my dad used to say.
I really wanted to make the Shrimp and Bacon chowder and have everything but the green onions. I've passed on them the last two times because they were so thin and scrawny it wasn't worth it. They normally are about the thickness of my little finger but the last bunches were the size of a pencil. Anyway I decided to use a free delivery coupon for the grocery store and after working out the list vs the cart I had about $50 of groceries, salsa fixings, some canned goods, crackers and cheese but the one thing I failed to double check.... green onions.
I need to find the Charlie Brown frustration gif. The ONE thing I purposely wanted in that shopping cart and I didn't get them. Have to go back anyway because the delivery guy substituted onion and chive cream cheese with 'low fat' whatever cream cheese instead. I wanted the flavored kind because I bought some Ritz crackers for snacks. At least I got the extra sharp cheddar so that works out. We have food enough and still money left over.
I almost forgot to pay the SDGE bill though. Was supposed to do that on Thursday when I got the money but other things were on my mind and didn't remember until day before yesterday. Supposed to pay for Costco before the end of the month as well. At least I've got the car insurance paid, which btw is going to be less after this month, yay! And got a letter from CalFresh that our monthly food money will be upped by $26 (314 to 340) so we'll have a bit more money for food for the next year. It all balances out right?
Jon once again didn't get moving or I slept in more and by the time he got himself together it was already 98 outside. So no walking to the pharmacy again. I'm gong to have to see about getting him up early on purpose so he can get his prescriptions and nose stuff.
We have both filled out our ballots and have them signed and sealed. I know mailing them is still safe and Ballot Trax will notify us when they are received but was considering finding the closest drop box just in case. The reason why I mention it is the post office is half a block down the street from the pharmacy so very convenient.
Okay time for nap which means moving Rocky from his comfy spot on my side of the bed. He then either settles on the bed or heads to the kitchen and lays on the rug in there. Jon's already napping so my brain is definitely feeling the afternoon nap fog.


No comments:
Post a Comment