It makes it difficult to move from sitting to standing and all that but mostly it's the fact I'm essentially wearing a binder on top and a girdle on bottom. If you've ever recovered from surgery, you know the feeling.
That was at 11:20 or so this morning it got a bit warmer and currently at 5 pm it is 103. Needless to say we had the AC on low all night with the bedroom door closed. Front half of the apartment even with door and windows open never got below 84 and since the thermometer in the kitchen is next to the west facing window it gets up to 90 in that corner. I shifted the small but mighty turbo fan so it blows across the blinds and reduces the heat collecting there.Part of my brain is thinking, 'why am I so stiff? I shouldn't feel this bad right?' My brain can't comprehend the toll even 'non-invasive' surgery does on an older body. Any body for that matter right? I keep thinking, 'come on how hard can this be to recover from just an overnight stay in the hospital?' I guess I'm going back to January when I had that serious bout of imbalance and almost bounced back immediately. Well not bounced back but more mobile than I am now. Considering I had double boob adjustment (reduction on left and minor increase on the right) and liposuction for the right side for the increased padding. That's considered 'non-invasive' but let me tell you my body is screaming 'invasion!'
Just had a wonderful bowl of Chedder Broccoli soup with bacon bits thanks to my forethought shopping on Thursday. Got the two pack of soup and the big pack of pre-cooked bacon. Jon picked up a two pack of clam chowder (that's all his). I had a sausage egg croissant sandwich this morning for breakfast, lunch was BLT's and then the soup just now. So we're eating well and speaking of that, got the official letter from CalFresh that our monthly allotment will be upped to $340 from $314. I have no idea why it keeps going up and down like that when nothing has changed. Maybe it's the increase in utilities and the medical extras but I won't be amending anything at all. Just have to remember all my answers next time and then whatever else happens between now and then. We only spent about half of our money on Thursday so with the food we have and me not cooking much for the short term we might come out ahead next month (and since I said that will end up short or zero ).
Sleeping is the biggest inconvenience. I don't have a travel neck pillow, no extra pillows other than the mostly flat ones from the sofa, so I can fall asleep maybe for an hour or two and wake up almost more sore than before. Jon was entertaining the idea of getting a pair of recliners instead of the sofa and it just isn't going to work right now. All sorts of things need to happen before that can even be considered to rearrange everything in the front room.
I have said before I'm not fond of my surgeon, he's not very amiable, doesn't offer a lot of information, always seems like he has more patients than he can handle so doesn't remember what I think are important details. When he came in to see me before I was discharged it was ::shake the hand how you doing, let's see how things look, everything looks good, when is our next appointment, Friday then will see you then shakes my hand:: and then he left. Didn't tell me what happened, how long the surgery was no details at all and I just felt like he was going through the motions. Would have been nice to say 'the reason why you're bound up like this is..' Oh and I'm not even seeing him personally on Friday, I'm seeing one of his assistants. Not a bad thing because they are more personable than he is by far. I do hope I don't ever need to see him again.
So day two post surgery, slow to heal haven't had a soda since Thursday but am holding off on that as long as possible because I'm not as dependent on them as before so if we go out to have food next week I might have one. Going to storage after the appointment is right out. I've barely done any knitting for that matter, the way I've been sleeping (ending up sleeping on that hand in an odd position which aggravates the tendonitis) and the hand-eye coordination being off from surgery just not good for knitting.
Okay that's all for today. No idea what we're having for meals tomorrow but I do know we have options.

No comments:
Post a Comment