Thursday, October 3, 2024

Announcements

 Firstly we have decided to postpone our Disney trip to mid November for two reasons. One, the tickets will be cheaper by $40 and two, it will be decked out for Christmas which Jon has not seen. I have only been once during the Holidays and it is absolutely spectacular. This also gives us some time to hopefully buy some long pants for me and shoes for both of us. Yeah the day is shorter but we don't want to spend a long hot day walking around. Also gives us some time I hope to convince Jon to do some walking so we can get in a little better shape.

Okay second announcement, I jumped the gun and didn't do my appointment for my throat scan right. I was called by scheduling on Wednesday before I left and she said she needed to schedule that. I explained my confusion and she straightened me out so that is now scheduled for Oct 17. It's a scanning appointment and I did a Lab appointment which is a different department entirely. So now eye exam is December 19, audiology is March 17, and follow up doctor visit is March 31. Whew!  They are so backlogged with patients it's really sad they have appointments six or more months in advance.

Third announcement... I am looking for an alternative to Blogger. Since the photos editing has gone entirely bonkers and I can't find any help online in various forums it's time to find something else. I looked at Wordpress and the free basic themes are so utterly boring and not simple format at all I'm still looking for another free site. So no more pictures for this blog, straight up boring updates until further notice.

The weather today was miserable. 93 and smog level that reminded me of being in grade school level of air quality.  For the next week we will be having a heat wave but at least the temperature drops dramatically when the sun goes down, by at least thirty or forty degrees!  Right now though there's only 4 days left in the billing period for SDGE and ::knock on wood throw salt over shoulder:: it's projected to still be way under $100. Please, please let it be under 100, that would make my life so much better this month. It's my birthday month, give me a break!

Oh we got our General Election voter information book in the mail. This is a big one folks, as big as 2020 was and is so dang important for every single person in this country. Imagine, in our lifetime we will have had a black male president, a female vice president and finally a female president who is a woman of color. It is incredible and so much needed! The alternative to that is too frightening and depressing to even think about. Seriously.

 I don't get political but Blue is my favorite color and I love seeing the waves.... if you get my drift.

 



No comments: