Wednesday, August 19, 2026

And Rocky is basically okay

 Since I only had enough money for a basic exam without any tests, all they could do is take his weight, check his teeth and coat and belly, temp all that stuff. They'll be emailing me a list of suggested tests and vaccines he should get because 8 years old is considered 'senior'.  He's none the worse for his ordeal despite his loud protestations from his carrier in the waiting room. Doctor and staff were all very nice, the lump on his back the doctor seemed to feel was more like fat than a tumor or mass. They won't know until they can get a biopsy of course and will find out how much that will cost when I get the email. Doctor did say that cats aren't prone to lumps and masses like dogs are so that's a point in his favor. He should get a 3 month course of flea control because they did find one flea (which I hope they caught and dispatched), which I think is the same one I spied the other day as well. Until I get the flea control started I want to keep him inside and off the lawn. 


 He's actually laying on the floor right now but this is from the other day. 

As for everyone else, we're all doing good so far. I got a look at the physical copy of my procedure information and there was actual photos (yuck, no one wants to see that) and a graphical representation of where inflammation is and where they took samples. Fascinating and actually got a call back from the doctor's office saying that nothing unusual was detected in the samples and keep on doing what we're doing with the infusions. I realized the other day that I am not eating a whole lot of fiber in my usual diet. No dark leafy greens like spinach or broccoli, the wheat bread we have is just that, no whole grains or large amounts of fiber so that will be on the menu more often. We did get a box of instant oatmeal packs and I've been trying to have one of those a day, can't say it's making a big difference though as yet. 

Oh Jon got his laptop back and is absolutely thrilled with how fast it's doing things. I sent a message to Wellman thanking him profusely for doing that for us and I got to see Logan and Amber when they dropped it off. So very proud of all my kids and family. 

That's all the news that's fit to type for now.  Bills are all paid, usual brokeness in the bank but only have ten days left in the month. We survive as we always do.

Oh yes, and it's still HAHT! 

 

No comments: